Bowman Field plans to greatly expand their air space claim which will go one mile out in four directions from the end of their two runways.
The LRAA will not say how many trees will be removed or topped, but my estimate is we will lose the canopy of 1000 trees. Large areas of Seneca Park, Big Spring, Landor, Drayton, McCoy, and significant large trees in Seneca Gardens and Kingsley will be topped or removed. This is huge.
If this concerns you, here’s what you can do:
1) Attend a meeting sponsored by Tom Owens January 19, 7:30 pm at the Douglass Community Center, 2305 Douglass Blvd.
2) Contact these politicians: Tom.email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com; John Yarmuthhttp://yarmuth.house.gov/contact-john2/
3) Consider donating for our legal services to resist. Donations can go to Kentucky Resources Council, POB 1070, Frankfort, KY 40602. A special fund is being set up for Leslie Barras, an experienced attorney to represent us in the historic property and landscape review process required under federal law for this proposal. Please make checks payable to KRC and designate your donation by writing in the subject line:“Bowman Field-Historic.” Please also consider giving to the KRC generally because they will work on behalf of the nearby residents in the environmental review process required under federal law for this proposal.
5) “Like” us on Facebook at “Plea For The Trees”
6) Share this information with anyone whom you think would be interested to get involved.
Michael Hayman, Seneca Gardens Arborist, 649-2958
Thanks for your support!